🙊🙉🙈submitted 53 seconds ago
Kik is a messaging app for smart devices such as smartphones, iPod touches, and tablets. Once the app is downloaded the user can send texts, ‘stickers', pictures, surveys, and videos to other users free of charge (other than normal data costs) – which is one of the reasons it is popular with young people. However Kik states that users must be 18 years or older. Kik users have a username to login online; they don't use their phone number. This makes it easier to share usernames on kik friend finder sites. You may also have noticed that lots of Instagram users list their Kik usernames in their bios. It's a big trend that is visible on lots of popular accounts. In just over two years, the Kik Messenger app grew into one of the best chat platforms you can get on a smartphone and supports over 4 million users, called "Kicksters".
- Kik is used by a younger crowd, which means if you're young there's a good chance your friends have and use the app.
- The only messaging app that has a built-in browser, which means you can browse webpages while texting your friends.
- Completely free, although some in-app purchases are optional.
- You can photobomb your friends which is similar to Snapchat's disappearing pictures and videos. This feature is often used by horny guys and sexy girls for sexting and trading nudes.
- Kik is geared more toward people in their twenties so if you're above 30 you may find some of the features and user base don't match what you're looking for.